Ready to join Scouting? Fantastic! Here are the steps required:
- Meet the age requirements. Be a boy who is 11 years old, or one who has completed the fifth grade or earned the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old, but is not yet 18 years old.
- Notify the Troop 115 leaders and provide your parent’s contact information.
- Complete the online application and medical health history Parts A and B signed by your parent or guardian.
- Stop by the GEC Scout Shop and purchase your BSA Handbook, the best resource for scouting information, education, and advancement tracking.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
- Have your parents review the troop bylaws to gain an appreciation for how Troop 115 operates.
- Attend your first troop meeting, get to know your fellow Boy Scouts, and start your adventure in Scouting!
- Ready to go to Summer Camp? Be sure to schedule your annual physical exam early and take the BSA Health and Medical Record with you. A doctors signature on Part C is required for camping longer than 72 hours!
Refer to the information HERE to study and practice the Scout requirements, your first rank on the trail to Eagle!